Welcome to MC3. We are a family-friendly church striving to become like the Christian church described in the Bible. We want to help you become Fully Devoted to Jesus Christ through: relevant teaching, honest friendships, heartfelt worship and a warm, welcoming atmosphere where God changes lives.
Our vision is to focus on the ONE who needs Christ in our community and our world. Our mission is to create Fully Devoted followers of Christ. That’s us in a nutshell.
What can I expect?
1. A church family fully devoted to Christ and putting His Kingdom first.
Helping everyone—members and nonmembers alike— become Fully Devoted to Christ is the mission of our church. We will do this by focusing on a model that helps people become devoted based on accepting Christ and adhering to the three Cs—CELEBRATE, CONNECT, COMMIT.
2. Location in the Stone Mountain-Lilburn area of Gwinnett County.
MC3 currently meets in the theater at Parkview High School, 998 Cole Dr., SW Lilburn, GA 30047. We are looking for a permanent location in the Stone Mountain-Lilburn area of Gwinnett County.
Click to Read All 12...
3. Modern, more contemporary style of worship.
We want to create worship service that transcends—beyond just songs and lights—and connects spiritually and emotionally with all who attend our services, whether they are believers or not.
4. Vibrant children’s and student ministry.
We know from statistics that if someone is going to accept Jesus as their and Savior, they will most likely do so before age 18. As a result, we must make a new and stronger commitment to put children at the forefront of everything we do.
5. Unrelenting commitment to prayer and Scripture.
Everything we do must be grounded in our relationship with Christ and the Word of God.
6. A focus on the ONE who needs Christ in our community and the world.
Adhering to Christ’s teachings in Luke 15— where Jesus talked about the lost sheep, the lost coin and the lost son—we will be a church more focused on capturing the one who is lost than pleasing the 99 who are saved.
7. Weekly Connect (life) groups as our model for Bible teaching and fellowship.
We offer weekly Connect (C) groups, or small groups comprised of six to eight individuals or five to six married couples, that meet in someone’s home for fellowship, Bible study, prayer and accountability.
8. Commitment to serve—all members, assuming they are able bodied, will be asked to serve in some capacity, both within the church and in the communities we serve.
We want service to be a hallmark of MC3. We have identified several ministries that are vital to church: Children, Students, Worship (Technical, Ushers, Communion Prep), First Impressions (Security, Parking, Greeters, The Café Team), Connect Groups and Prayer Team . This list is not intended to be limiting but is merely the starting point to helping us achieve our vision and mission.
9. Missions giving integrated with overall budget – (10 percent off the top).
10. An opportunity to recommit to membership in the new church.
In 2019, we will stage Recommitment Sunday to give all existing members the opportunity to recommit as members of the new church. This will give us an opportunity to clean up our church records and prepare us to be the church we want to be in the future.
11. Continued identification with the Christian Church MC3 will remain a part of the unity movement to restore the New Testament Church.
The “Restoration Movement” began when believers distressed with creeds, legalism and denominations, called the church back to the authority of the Bible. The Movement grew into what we call the Christian Church. We do not call ourselves a denomination, because we believe that we are not “the only Christians,” but that we are “Christians Only.” MC3 is an evangelical church and we look solely to the scriptures as our true source of authority. An evangelical church can also be correctly termed as a “Bible-believing” church.
12. Elder protected and staff led.
The board of elders is the governing body of the church and responsible to the congregation for administering the spiritual and business affairs of the church. As such, the elders serve as shepherds for the congregation and rely on and support the church staff to lead the day-to-day operations of the church.
If you are visiting for the first time…
relax and enjoy the experience. We will not ask you to stand up, or make a fuss. We will shake your hand and say hello. Take a moment to fill out this online registration and we’ll have someone meet you at the door. We have newcomers every week. Many want to check out our church in a quiet way for a while, and that’s fine with us. Come enjoy and see if our church is right for you.
As you enter…
When you walk up to our doors on Sunday mornings, we want to make you feel like you are at home. Expect to be welcomed and given a bulletin that explains the day’s service and provides information on what’s happening at the Lord’s church! In the bulletin, you’ll find a Communication Card. You can fill it out and drop it in the offering plate, or you can bring it to our Connections Counter (located in front and slightly to your left as you enter) and we will give you a small gift and more information about MC3. If you have children, we’ll help you check them in to our age-specific Early Childhood or Elementary programming. You can also register online right now to save time (click button below), and we’ll have someone to meet you at the door on Sunday.
Connect or C-GROUPS (Various times throughout the week
We offer C-Groups – you may know them as small or life groups – at various times and locations throughout the week. Check out these other opportunities for life groups.
Worship Service (10:30 a.m. on Sunday)
Our worship services are designed for all people, no matter what stage of faith they are in, to be able to worship God and learn more about him. During every service, we sing God-centered worship songs, pray and listen to a message containing Biblical truths that are applicable to your life situation. We also pass our offering plates, but visitors are not expected to give.
Our service is designed to lead us into a time of prayer and Holy Communion with the Lord. If you are a believer of Christ, you are welcome to participate in Communion. At the end of our worship service, we offer a time of prayer (alone or with a prayer counselor) as well as an opportunity for anyone to give their life to Lord and be baptized. Our hope is that we have someone every Sunday – in fact, every day – who wants to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and be baptized.
And in case you are interested, our Sunday morning worship service typically lasts about 1 hour and 15 minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions
IF YOU HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR …You may want to know the answer to these questions!
Click a title below to view an answer
Where should I go once I arrive at the church?
Our parking attendants will direct you to a parking place in the front of Parkview High School and then into the building.
What will happen when I visit for the first time?
If you are visiting for the first time, relax and enjoy the experience. We will not ask you to stand up, or make a fuss. We will shake your hand and say hello. Take a moment to fill out our online registration (button at top of page) and we’ll have someone meet you at the door. We have newcomers every week. Many want to check out our church in a quiet way for a while, and that’s fine with us. Come enjoy and see if our church is right for you.
What is your dress code?
Don’t worry about what to wear to MC3; we are a multicultural, multigenerational church. You’ll feel at home whether you are wearing your favorite jeans or something dressier. God doesn’t care what you wear, and neither do we!
What programs are available for children and students?
Children are a top priority. We host separate programming for babies and preschoolers, elementary-age children, middle and, finally, high school students.
In each ministry, children learn together in engaging, age-appropriate ways that kids really love. Our staff and highly trained volunteers lead both large-group worship and small group conversations.
You can rest assured that your children are being cared for and taught by people who love kids and who have passed a rigorous application process that includes a background and spiritual formation check.
Do you have a check-in for our children?
For your child to attend any of our children’s programming on the weekend, first-time guests will need to check in their child by filling out some brief paperwork. To save time, click here to register your children for check-in ahead of time.
What’s the mission of MC3 Church? What impact will it have on me?
Our Mission is to help people become Fully Devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We want to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus. When you get to know Jesus in a real and personal way, He changes everything: your life, your family, your work, our community and our world.
If you have questions or if you’re ready to become a Fully Devoted to Jesus, come forward at the end of any service or call the church at 770-279-8437.
How can I meet others & get connected? How can I be discipled & grow?
We want to help you get to know Jesus and help you become the person He created you to be. No matter where you are in life, we’ll help you find the next steps in your journey.
We think some of the best opportunities to grow and allow Jesus to change our lives happen outside the sanctuary.
- Start your journey at our Connections Counter, where we will answer any questions you have and give you free gift simply for stopping by.
- New Beginnings class: This eight-week class gives you a good overview of what becoming Fully Devoted to Jesus is all about at MC3. The class explores the church, your personal relationship with the Lord and how to turn your faith into action.
- (Connect) C-Group.: One of the best ways to become Fully Devoted to Christ is by joining a a C-Group. These groups meet throughout the week, in restaurants and in homes, to study, pray and build friendships. C-Groups help you meet other people and develop relationships that will encourage your relationship with Jesus. There’s one just right for you.
- Classes and Conferences: We also encourage you to take advantage of the classes and conferences we offer throughout the year. Check out our events page, sign up for our electronic newsletter, and watch for announcements in services and in your worship program. Connect with our online Facebook community, and Instagram, too.
- Find ways to get Involved: You’ll also want to find the best place to use your unique gifts to serve in ministry here. We’ll help you discover your gifts and connect with a ministry.
- We partner with missionaries here locally, throughout Georgia and around the world to share the love of Jesus with people who are oppressed, living in poverty, recovering from disasters, or who simply have never heard the Good News about our Savior. Learn more.
We make every effort to be a “family” that follows Christ and serves His Kingdom. We don’t claim to be perfect, but we do sincerely love the Lord and try to follow the example of Jesus.
Haven’t found the answer to one of your questions?
Call our church office at 770.783.1035 or contact us here.